About the Program
St. Edmund Hall, founded in 1236, claims to be the oldest educational establishment in Oxford. You’ll find that Teddy Hall, as it is affectionately known, has always had a history of independent thought. Join in that history as you present and defend your ideas with your tutor.
- Study at one of the world’s most prestigious universities
- Comprehensive STEM offerings in the classic Oxford context also include labs.
- St. Edmund students are well known throughout the University for taking their sports seriously.
- Enjoy an abundant selection of extracurricular activities, including the drama society and the Terry Jones Society, which organizes trips to nearby plays and concerts.
- Students receive individual guidance from their tutor and benefit from the tutor’s expert knowledge.
- Unique tutorial instruction allows students to work independently and develop their own academic ideas.
Oxford is a bustling, modern city anchored by an air of academic tradition, with a diverse population and an urban edge. Oxford offers incredible architecture, from medieval to modern, cultural events, museums, concert halls, river sports in addition to pubs, restaurants, and nightlife.
Afford Your Journey
Grants, financial aid, credit card payments and more are available. IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs, and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
At the University of Oxford, students are taught in the tutorial system. Students meet once a week with their tutors in one-on-one tutorials, or in small groups. Often tutors require attendance at university lectures in conjunction with the tutorials.
6201 Corporate Drive, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
This program is open to Pomona students for the full academic year only. The academic year is divided into three terms. During each term, students take one primary (major) tutorial (2 Pomona credits) and one secondary (minor) tutorial (1 Pomona credit). Pomona students will receive a total of nine Pomona credits for tutorials taken in the three Oxford terms (3 credits per term). In prior academic years, the maximum Pomona credits earned was 8 credits for six tutorials.
Students live in single rooms in college accommodation, some with en-suite bathrooms, and all with Internet connections. Most visiting students at St. Edmund Hall live in flats (apartments) a 5-20 minute walk from the college. Meals are provided in the college dining halls, reported to be among the best among Oxford colleges.
Number of Students
Oxford University enrolls a total of 21,000 students. St. Edmund Hall has 400 undergraduates and 175 graduate students. Visiting students come from the U.S. and countries around the world and are selected from a competitive pool.
St. Edmund Hall
Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)
Vin de Silva (on leave fall 2022; please email to arrange a Zoom meeting)
Admission is highly competitive, especially in high demand subject areas such as English and History.
- Completion of coursework in the academic subjects you wish to study at Oxford.